Minnesota Continuing Education Requirements:
|Total Hours||Mandatory||Elective Hours|
Minnesota Continuing Education Packages
|Total Hours||Elective Hours||Mandatory Hours||Price||Add To Cart|
Minnesota Requirement Details for Real Estate Continuing Education
License Renewal Date: 6/30 every two years (annual CE requirement is 15 hours)
Please note: Although the renewal date is 6/30, all CE must be completed by 6/15.
Hours Required By The State: 30 hours with 15 hours required for each year in the two-year renewal cycle
- A licensee must obtain 1 hour of credit in the area of fair housing for each 2 year license period.
- A licensee must obtain 1 hour of credit in the area of agency law for each 2 year license period.
- A licensee must obtain any assigned required module hours as part of the credit hours each licensing year. Required module titles and credit hours are subject to change each year.
Seat Time: The Minnesota Department of Commerce requires that all students spend a minimum amount of seat time engaged in the course content. Our online course delivery system manages this requirement for you.
Max Hours in a 24-Hour Period: Minnesota real estate licensees are not allowed to complete more than 8 hours of courses in a 24-hour period. Our online course delivery system manages this requirement for you.
Note: Credit may not be earned if the licensee has previously obtained credit for the same course as either a student or instructor during the same licensing period.
The CE Shop is an approved real estate CE school in Minnesota; license number 21006660
The CE Shop's Offering: 30 hours with 15 hours required for each year in the two-year renewal cycle
2019-2020: Salesperson & Broker Required Module - Agency, Fair Housing & Energy Efficiency - 3.75 credit hours. This module satisfies both the 3.75-Hour Continuing Education Module Requirement and the 1-Hour Broker Module Requirement. There is no separate broker module course for 2019-2020.
2018-2019: Salesperson & Broker Required Module - Risk Management - 3.75 credit hours. This module satisfies both the 3.75-Hour General Module and the 1-Hour Broker Module Requirement. There is no separate broker module course for 2018-2019.
Reporting: Real estate course completions are reported to the Minnesota Department of Commerce. The state requires schools to report course completions within seven to ten days from the course completion date. Course completions will be reported and posted within this time frame.
Expiration Date of Course: Course expiration dates vary by course but are generally one year after order date. Each course has an individual expiration date which is listed in your account.
Final Exams: Final exams must be passed with a 70% and may be taken as many times as necessary in order to pass. Per MN rules, licensees are not allowed to view the details of their final exam results.
Certificates: Upon completion of the course, The CE Shop will provide students with an electronic Certificate of Completion. Certificates will remain in your account for a minimum of five years, should you need additional copies. Please refer to your license renewal application to determine if you need to submit your Certificate of Completion with your license renewal request. Course completion dates are recorded using Central Standard Time. Please note that the date of your Certificate of Completion will reflect this.
Sales Tax: Due to the tax law which mandates that online businesses must collect sales tax in certain states, if your state requires sales tax to be collected, it will automatically be added to the total amount due at checkout minus any donation made to The CE Shop Foundation. In addition, if you choose to set-up a payment plan, sales tax will be added to each monthly payment plan total. For questions, please contact The CE Shop at 1.888.827.0777 or Support@TheCEShop.com.
Newly Licensed Salesperson CE Requirements: A brand new salesperson or a brand new broker (in their initial renewal period) have until their first renewal to complete all of their 30 hours of CE and are only required to complete the module that is due at their renewal.
License Renewal Process: The process to renew in this state is to log in to the licensing system online and follow the prompts to renew.
The renewal deadline is 4:30 PM Central Standard Time on June 30.
If you do not see your CE courses on MN Pulse Portal:
- Please make sure you are viewing the "Current Period"
- Please make sure your pop-up blocker is off, as the CE transcripts open in a new window. It may take a couple of minutes for the window to open.
- Please make sure you have selected the correct license type. The default license type is Salesperson, so if you are a Broker you will only see past Salesperson courses unless you change the license type.
- There may be CE courses listed on more than one page. Please click "Next" to view each page of your CE transcripts. Your most recently reported courses may not be on the first page.
- If you are a licensee in inactive status, Pulse Portal will not display your CE credits. Please contact the MN Dept. of Commerce to verify that they have received your courses.
- If you still cannot view your CE, you may contact Pulse Portal at 866.274.4756 or the MN Dept. of Commerce at 651.539.1599.